Dr. Noel A. Goldberg
VIRGINIA CONSORTIUM PROGRAM IN CLINICAL
APA Accredited. Doctorate in
Clinical Psychology 12/2002; GPA 3.75
Licensed in Virginia
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL
Masters in Educational Psychology, 8/1997
AT ALBANY, Albany, N.Y.
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, 5/1993, GPA 3.4; Minor: Coaching
STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE- Israel
· Intensive program covered various aspects of Jewish life: Israeli-Palestinian conflict, government and the election
process, political system, refugee
problem, and the
history of Israel.
“How marriages change over time.” Chair: Dr. Glenn Shean,
the College of William &
Mary: Consultant: Dr. David Olson, Life Innovations, and the
University of Minnesota
MEDICAL CENTER Washington, DC
Internship Consortium, Albany NY.
ELLIS HOSPITAL, Adult and
Adolescent Units, Schenectady, NY.
THE COLLEGE OF
WILLIAM AND MARY, Counseling Center, Williamsburg, VA.
VETERANS AFFAIRS MEDICAL CENTER Hampton,
CHILDREN’S SERVICES Virginia Beach, V.A.
EASTERN STATE MENTAL HOSPITAL
MARYVIEW BEHAVIORAL MEDICAL CENTER
Performed a variety of tasks focusing on
Intellectual Assessment. This
included the WISC-III, WAIS-III,
Shipley Hartford, and the Bender Gestalt. Interpretations of data and written reports with treatment recommendations were
generated. Brief neurological screenings were also undertaken. In addition, a team treatment approach was implemented to
PSYCHIATRIC CENTER: Virginia Beach, VA.
Performed a variety of tasks including Intake
Diagnostic Interviews, General Interviewing, Mental Status
Therapeutic Interventions, and the formation of Treatment Plans.
SERVICES: Hillsborough, NH
Counselor, Full Time
6/96-9/96 · Worked in a psycho-educational residential setting within a camp ground environment with behaviorally emotionally
handicapped (BEH) youth, providing psychological guidance 24
hours a day, 6 days a week.
Held individual & group counseling
sessions, recreational events and life skills training.
Implemented behavioral management techniques
used to increase self-awareness and empower individuals.
Participated in a Team approach that enabled
each team member to take on and succeed at various roles, and gain differing
opinions and perspectives about attaining therapeutic objectives.
Crisis intervention implemented when necessary,
including labeling feelings and emotions, increasing the
Child’s awareness of their own behavior, and the use of caroling and
Hope House within Creedmoor Hospital, Flushing,
Case Manager, Full Time
Managed 12 dual diagnosed, mentally ill/ mildly
Held individual & group counseling sessions
and documented progress notes.
Annual service plan write up with quarterly
review of the progress toward goal attainment.
· Supervised counselors and staff in teaching the following
areas: Travel, Budgeting, and
Daily Living Skills.
· Dispense psychotropic medication and implement behavior
modification when necessary.
CHILDREN'S HOUSE INCORPORATED: The
Family Center: Mineola, NY
· Provide relief to parents and caregivers of seriously emotionally disturbed (SED) children including Attention Deficit Disorder
(ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
· Aid in decreasing psychiatric symptoms and prevent psychiatric
hospitalization through counseling.
· Additionally added structure to their lives & was a visible
CENTRAL NASSAU GUIDANCE & COUNSELING SERVICES:
Head Counselor of Supported Group Apartments
· Counsel mentally ill chemical abusing clients (MICA), help with
various ADL tasks including housing and
· Use crisis intervention skills during emergencies.
MIDDLE EARTH CRISIS COUNSELING
AND REFERRAL CENTER: PROVIDING 24HR HOTLINE ASSISTANCE Bellmore, N.Y.
· Provided the following services: Information and Referral, Suicide Outreach, Gay Peer Counseling, Runaway Assistance, an
Adolescent Depression and Suicide Prevention
Program, and Crisis Intervention.
· Completed 160 hour internship/study session concerning
ALAMANCE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Graham,
Professor, Introduction to
· Prepared and lectured for a 3 hour General Psychology course,
assigned classwork, created assessments,
graded research papers, scheduled guest lecturers, and assigned grades.
· Other general classroom duties.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Chapel
Teaching Assistant for
Exceptional Children's class
· Helped teach and lead a large class in the School of Education on Learning Disabilities, Academically Gifted, and other Exceptional
Aided in the creation and grading of coursework, Midterms and Final
UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY,
Teaching Assistant for Weight Training
· Train and teach proper ways of weight training, exercise,
nutrition, and oversee proper health and the wellness of students.
UNIVERSITY, Psychology Department, Norfolk, VA.
Various literature searches were compiled to support ongoing research.
Began a research project collecting data with minority students focusing
on Self-esteem and Positivity of Self-concept.
THE COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY, Psychology Department, Williamsburg, VA.
for Dr. John Nezlek
Various literature searches were compiled to
support ongoing research.
CENTER FOR URBAN AFFAIRS & COMMUNITY SERVICES, NORTH CAROLINA STATE
Willie M. Services Section, Program Evaluation Branch.
Research Associate, Level III,
Evaluated the impact services have on clients.
Program effectiveness was monitored and evaluated by creating data
collection measurements and utilizing statistical analysis. The resulting database consists of 500 participants and over
· Created a variety of dissemination products to be utilized for
Developed a framework for addressing this unique population, supported by
the Risk and Resiliency literature.
Trained case managers in the data instrument usage, and presented outcome
results to a variety of professionals within the community.
Disseminated results to other professionals and submitted our research
and conclusions to appropriate journals.
FRANK PORTER GRAHAM CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Chapel Hill, NC
· Aided in the creation of a professional conference and all the
· Employed various research techniques and organizational strategies to
aid in the submission of
Federal Grants for educational research.
· Collected, Inputted, and Created statistical analysis of data collected from professional members of a conference and helped draw
conclusions and disseminate this new information on Secondary
Disabilities to leaders
in the field.
ADHD PROGRAM, DUKE UNIVERSITY
MEDICAL CENTER Durham, NC
Research Apprenticeship with Dr. C. K. Conners
· Analyzed of existing multi-site, multi-trial clinical database
of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disordered
· Prepared manuscript resulting from these analyses and submitted
to an appropriate journal.
CENTER FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY
DISORDERS Albany, N.Y.
· Aided graduate students with clinical research, using
computers for statistical
computation and evaluation of subjects involved in the project.
· Observed various patient therapy sessions.
Glen Cove, N.Y.
· Maintained telecommunications system, including 3 automated fax machines, mainframe computer using MS DOS, and laser
printers. Filing & ordering various confidential case records and criminal background investigations. Additionally performed
confidential security screening for
nuclear power facilities using various telecommunication networks.
Unlimited Marketing Systems
Manager of Books Sales Company
· Regulated 10 employees and motivated sales force to increase
· Trained employees, calculated inventory and performed personal
sales with major companies.
HILL SCHOOL DISTRICT, Lincoln Center &
Frank Porter Graham Elementary School, Chapel Hill, NC EXPERIENCE
Externship in School Psychology
· Observed daily interaction of the child-teacher
relationship and studied effective individual and group learning techniques.
· Applied school psychology knowledge base to various tasks including Assessment, Intervention, Consultation, and
· Administered various educational and achievement tests to identify at risk students, and consulted with various school personal
implementation of Special Interventions as needed.
COLONIE HIGH SCHOOL
Internship with Colonie High School Basketball Program
· Observed players and coach, to learn how to effectively
· Implemented coaching theories.
Graduated Cum Laude
Elected to Golden Key National Honors Society
Dean's List of Distinguished Students
Elected Student Representative of Class
American Psychological Association (APA), Member
Goldberg, N. A., & Blackman, J.
(in progress). Main
contributions from psychoanalytic theory on self and object relations, and their
relationship to love, marriage, and relational difficulties.
Epstein, J., Goldberg, N.A., & Conners, C. K., March, J. (1997). The
effects of anxiety on continuous performance test functioning in an ADHD clinic
of Attention Deficit Disorders, 2(1), 45-52.
Hall, M. M., Goldberg, N., & Scandlin, D.
(1996). A Guide to Disability Databases.
Published by Frank Porter Graham Child Development Center, disseminated by NC State Department of Health and Center for Disease
Control, Atlanta, GA.
TRAINING · Strategic Family Therapy in the Millennium - Application of That Theory to Treating Violent Individuals Who Abuse Adults and\
Children and the Treatment of Their Victims (4/6/0).
· Multisystems Therapy Workshop: An Intensive Community & Outcome based treatment for Victims of Child Abuse (10/6/00,
W. Henggeler, Ph.D., & Cynthia C. Swenson, Ph.D.)
· Seminar: Supervision in Clinical Training (4/7/00, Thomas H. Peake,
Exploring the Spiritual Dimensions of Death, Grief and Mourning (3/2/00,
Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.)
· Mandt Training, Eastern State Hospital (5/99)
· Certified in American Red Cross and CPR (3/04)
· Supervisory Training at Hunter College for Social Work
· Nonviolent Crisis Intervention through the National Crisis Prevention
Institution (formerly S.K.I.P.)
· New York State Coaching Certification (1993)
· 160 hours of Training in Crisis Intervention Counseling at Middle
Earth Crisis Center
Transition to a New Place: An Interactive Discussion.
Presented at the College of William &Mary (9/5/00)
Develop & Market your Mental
Health Practice. Presented at Eastern Virginia Medical School (7/18/00)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Presented at Eastern Virginia Medical School (11/12/99)
Conference presentation for Outcome data for the Willie M Program, Simple
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST